1B: A. Pujols, STL
2B: M. Prado, ATL
SS: T. Tulowitzki, COL
3B: R. Zimmerman, WAS
C: Y. Molina, STL
OF: M. Holliday, STL
OF: C. Rasmus, STL
OF: R. Braun, MIL

And I want to see Strasburg pitch (but obviously Jimenez getting the start).

MechanicalMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All-Star Ballots

Post by STICKTV on Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:24 am

4 Cardinals starters & you call me the homer? lmfao

STICKTV

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MechanicalMan on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:37 pm

STICKTV wrote:4 Cardinals starters & you call me the homer? lmfao

Albert Pujols
2010 OPS: 0.984
Career OPS: 1.051
Among NL 1B: 1st in TB, 1st in RBI, 1st in OBP, 2nd in AVG, 2nd in SLG, 2nd in SB, 4th in R, more BB than K
Easily and obviously one of the greatest players of all-time.
Also, as if it even matters, regarded as the best defensive 1B in either league and a very smart, aggressive base runner

Yadier Molina
Among NL C: 2nd in AB, 4th in RBI -- obviously a defensive pick
Fewer stolen bases against than any other catcher by a HUGE margin
Also leads annually in runners picked off at 1B
Best defensive catcher in the game by a wide margin, and one of the greatest of all-time

Matt Holliday
0.928 career OPS
0.971 OPS in June
Among NL OF w/ over 250 AB: 2nd in AVG, 3rd in TB, 3rd in SLG, 3rd in OBP, 4th in 2B
NL Player of the week right before I voted: .435 AVG with 4 HR and 8 RBI from June 14-20
2nd best defensive NL LF in 2009 according to Fielding Bible

Colby Rasmus
0.928 OPS
Among NL OF: 2nd in HR, 14th in TB
9 HR in June (3 more than any other NL player at any position) with a 0.984 OPS

Yeah, you are a homer! "Homer" doesn't even do it justice... they need to create a new word for what you are. Oh wait, they already have: bitter. Where is your argument? What is wrong with my picks??? Where is your ballot??? Do you want to know why there won't be any Reds starting in the All-Star game? Two reasons:

1. The only players with an argument to start are Scott Rolen and Brandon Phillips, and they have to compete with David Wright and Martin Prado. (edit: and some guys who don't deserve the start, like Utley).

2. The Reds don't have any fucking fans. The only "fans" they have are guys like you: "fans" who would rather criticize opposing teams, players, and fans than to support the team that they are supposedly fans of. You don't like my ballot? Ok, wise-ass, here's a thought: submit your own! Don't blame me that Rolen, Phillips, and Votto don't have any votes. Do you know why things like that happen? It's the same reason why the Reds are among the league-worst in attendance while currently leading the division: Horrible fans. Obnoxious, asshole fans who talk shit on the internet but don't really support their team. That's how that happens. So go submit your own ballot, Mr. Fairweather. Don't complain about mine.

BTW, do you want to know one of the many things that separates me from a typical Reds fan? I can name four players who play for my team. Oh, and your boy Ichiro who you think is so deserving of a start? Here are his stats among AL OF: 11th in TB, 12th in 2B, 30th in R, 31st in RBI, 36th in HR. Wow, impressive, huh?!!! You really know your baseball!

MechanicalMan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top