Mock Draft v 1.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mock Draft v 1.0

Post by deanjones007 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:38 am

After most of the combine I have decided to do my first mock draft, feel free to comment.

1. St. Louis Rams - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

-I still think this pick should be Suh, but Quarterback is where you begin when you want to turn your franchise around and Bradford is the best QB in this draft.

2. Detroit Lions - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

- I feel like this is they way they will go even though McCoy and Okung get serious consideration here. Suh is a clone of Minnesotta DT Kevin Williams and is an instant game changer.

3. Tampa Bay Bucs - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

- Perfect scenario here as Tampa really need DT help and McCoy is the best of a very deep class remaining.

4. Washington Redskins - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

- Synder loves a big name, and Clausen fits the bill here. Immature he may be, but nobody can deny he is the most NFL ready QB in this draft and I think its safe to assume that Campbell is done in Washington.

5. Kansas City Chiefs - Russel Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

- Okung is a monster, simple as that and in my opinion is far and away the best tackle in this draft class. Berry will get consideration here, but they have invested too much money in Cassell and now its time to give him a franchise left tackle to protect him for the next 10 years.

6. Seattle Seahawks - Eric Berry, S, Tennesse

- This is a drop for Berry, who is probably the most talented player in this draft. Seattle have other needs but Pete Carroll is no idiot and will recognise a steal when he sees it.

7. Cleveland Browns - Joe Haden, CB, Florida

- 'Shutdown' corners are a rare breed. Haden is a winner who has the potential to be a shutdown corner. He can also come in right away and immediately help the browns, who showed improvement towards the end of the year.

8. Oakland Raiders - Bruce Campbell, OL, Maryland

- If anything came out of the combine it is this. Bruce Campbell will be drafted by Oakland in this draft. Its actually not a bad move for Al. Who probably had the biggest chubby in his pants he has had since the 50s when he saw Campbell run the 40.

9. Buffalo Bills - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

- Not replacing Jason Peters last year with Michael Oher was idiotic. They can redeem themselves this year by picking up an outstanding tackle in Bulaga. Des Bryant is an option here, but the bills do the right thing... FINALLY!

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

- I might be in the minority when I say that Tebow can play QB in the NFL but he will nto be taken 10th overall. I do however feel that the Jags need to get Tebow in this draft if they want to remain in Jacksonville. What they also need is a pass rush, which was non-existant last year and Morgan is the best rusher in this draft.

11. Denver Broncos - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St

- Obvious concerns about his character, but didnt everybody say the same about Percy Harvin. Plus with Marshall heading for the exit door. I doubt McDaniels passes on a guy with as much upside as Bryant.

12. Miami Dolphins - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

- This is an intriguing pick with alot of options. McLain, Dan Williams and Golden Tate are all options here but edge rusher is a need for the fins with Taylor and Porter the wrong side of 30. JPP Is as raw a prospect as you will find in this draft but his potential with mesmorise parcells.

13. San Francisco 49ers - Rolando McLain, LB, Alabama

- This is basically a free pick for the 9ers and McLain falls into their laps because of the position he plays and other teams needs. Pairing him with Pat Willis will frighten every team in the NFL.

14. Seattle Seahawks - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

- Will have to prove he is mentally ready for the NFL, but has great upside and will keep Hassellbeck active for at least one more season.

15. New York Giants - Earl Thomas, S, Texas

- Seriously, how many of you thought the Giants would be drafting this high? Not me thats for sure. Thomas could have done with staying in Texas in my opinion but this is a glaring need for the giants and Thomas is head and shoulder above Taylor Mays in regards to safety play.

16. Tennessee Titans - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State

- Has been flying up draft boards all over the place, mainly due to the fact he is great in coverage and has good size for a CB in the NFL. DT and OL need to be addressed later in the draft but this is the pick for now.

17. San Francisco 49ers - Trent Williams, OL, Oklahoma

- Not a sexy pick, especially with Spiller available, but Alex Smith showed sings of improve,ent towards the end of the season and the best way to help him grow is to keep him on his feet. Williams blew everyone away at the combine and would be a great fit here.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

- This is too high for Taylor Mays, who I have seen taken here in many mock drafts. This will probably be an O-Lineman knowing the Steelers. On the other side, Spiller is a game changer that doesnt come around every day and would be a great compliment to Mendenhall.

19. Atlanta Falcons - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri

- Great leadership skills and will fit in well with the 4-3. Donovan Warren is a possibility here but I feel this is a little too high for him to be taken.

20. Houston Texans - Brian Price, DL, UCLA

- The Texans and a couple of pieces away from making a deep run in the playoffs. One of those pieces in DT. This is a toss up between Price and Williams and I have opted for Price as he can set the edge and just as confortable in the 3 or the 5 technique.

21. Cincinatti Bengals - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

- Make no mistake, after the combine this pick will be either Gresham or Golden Tate. I have opted for Gresham as he will give Palmer a big target to look for in intermediate routes and in the red zone. Providing he can prove he is healthy obviously.

22. New England Patriots - Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

- This pick is all about the system. Kindle fits the Patriots system perfectly and if Belichick can get him motivated and playing every play. This is a win-win situation for both parties.

23. Green Bay Packers - Charles Brown, OT, USC

- Not to the packers organisation. Arron Rodgers needs to stay on his feet in order to make plays!! Brown was a beast at the combine and is a safe first round selection, especially for a team with an unbelievable need on the O-Line.

24. Philidelphia Eagles - Carlos Dunlap, DE/OLB, Florida

- Andy Reid is all about speed on defence. Dunlap is the guy in the draft with the most character concerns but with the most upside. Serious scouting into his personal life and people surrounding him before making this pick but if that is satisfactory then Dunlap falls no further than this.

25. Baltimore Ravens - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

- This is dependant on whether they go for Marshall and/or Owens. What I do know is this is a position in need of serious upgrade. Tate showed at the combine that he is ready to play WR in the NFL. Great route runner with superb hands.

26. Arizona Cardinals - Brandon Graham, DE/OLB, Michigan

- It was apparent in their game against the packers that they need to get more pressure on the QB. The explosive Graham will come in and immediately help this defence. His senior bowl helped his draft stock no end.

27. Dallas Cowboys - Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama

- This pick could also be Taylor Mays or Dan Williams. However, Jerry Jones will love Codys potential as the run stuffer for their 3-4. If they can keep him out of those Dallas steakhouses then this should be the pick. He is a big enough name for the Dallas fans too.

28. San Diego Chargers - Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State

- This was my pick before the combine at this pick. Matthews blew everyone away at the combine and has confirmed this position. He can pound the rock and also elude tackles with his quickness. A perfect every down NFL back and just what the Chargers are looking for.

29. New York Jets - Taylor Mays, S, USC

- Rex Ryan will love this guy in his defence. I personally think he will end up playing linebacker in the NFL but if Ryan can make him better in coverage then the sky is the limit for this kid.

30. Minnesota Vikings - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

- This will be big Pats last year with the team. Dan Williams is a steal at this point and will provide Instant relief for the ageing Williams before coming in to replace him next year. Perfect for clogging up the middle in the Vikings run stuffing approach to defence.

31. Indianapolis Colts - Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

- No glaring needs for the Colts and Iupati falls through the cracks for them to snap up here. Can start at guard straight away.

32. New Orleans Saints - Jared Odrick, DE, Penn State

- Getting more pressure on the QB on a consistant basis wouldnt harm the Saints and Odrick Odrick is a hard-worker. He can line up as a 5-technique or 3-technique, showing some versatility. Odrick still gets after the QB while staying stout against the run.

*Feel free to comment and/or abuse me for my draft haha*

deanjones007

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mock Draft v 1.0

Post by Joe on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:03 pm

I have a few comments...

First, I'm not really sure of Bradford at #1. I get your point about needing a QB to turn a franchise around, but taking a guy like Suh is low risk pick and he is a game-changer. Suh is rare talent and this QB class is weak.

I also don't think Rolando McClain will fall all the way to 13. If he is available at 11 the Broncos will pull the trigger. Dan Williams is also a little low, and I think the Steelers will take Iupati at 18. Jared Odrick I think goes higher too, but mock drafting really is guesswork.

Overall I like this draft, it seems pretty realistic, I like how you did each pick according to team needs.

Joe
Admin

View user profile http://stickyness.coolbb.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top