Final March Edition of 2010 NFL Mock Draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Final March Edition of 2010 NFL Mock Draft

Post by YungMoney on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 am

- Shout out to StickTV for allowing me this opportunity to share my work

- For gametape of all the first round picks, see the comprehensive mock draft posts.

Andre aka Yung's 2010 Draft Picks MARCH Edition

#1 -- QB Sam Bradford

#2 -- DT Ndamukong Suh

#3 -- DT Gerald McCoy

#4 -- OT Russell Okung

#5 -- FS/SS Eric Berry

#6 -- OT Bryan Bulaga

#7 -- CB Joe Haden

#8 -- OT Bruce Campbell

#9 -- QB Jimmy Clausen

#10 -- DE Derrick Morgan

#11 -- ILB Rolando McClain Potential Trade Prediction: Arizona Cardinals move up to select ILB Rolando McClain, whereby the Broncos can ascertain a player of need - ie OC/OG Maurkice Pouncey - at a price slot which is similar not only to the position's value, but to former 1st round picks at Interior Line Positions. If the Packers are serious about getting a true star and "lunch pail" Left Tackle, the 11th pick would be prime real estate to purchase in order to select the supremely talented Oklahoma Lineman in Trent Williams

#12 -- WR Dez Bryant

#13 -- RB CJ Spiller

#14 -- FS Earl Thomas

#15 -- OT Trent Williams Scenario Awaits: The release of oft-injured 30yr old RT Kareem McKenzie must take place to ensure this selection, as there is no doubt the Giants would have to invest in protection for their Franchise QB given that happening. Both RB Brandon Jacobs and RB Ahmad Bradshaw are coming off injury-riddled and unproductive seasons, thus CJ Spiller is firmly in the mix

#16 -- DE Jason Pierre-Paul

#17 -- OT Anthony Davis Potential Asset: Pre-Draft reports have been indicating that Trent Williams stock is seemingly consensus top 10 (as a LT), so whether or not he'll be here as the RT of the 49ers future remains to be seen

#18 -- CB Kyle Wilson

#19 -- DE Brandon Graham

#20 -- RB Ryan Matthews

#21 -- TE Jermaine Gresham

#22 -- OLB Sergio Kindle

#23 -- SS/OLB Taylor Mays Apparent Need: A Left Tackle of the future is a dire need for this Franchise. Their past indicates a propensity for at the very least, high character "technicians". OT Anthony Davis nor OT Bruce Campbell fit that bill, and Trent Williams is likely to be gone before pick 15. This is a potential "trade back" spot, with advantage to Indiana OT Rodger Saffold, however if GM Ted Thompson is serious about making a run and drafting a "Pro Ready" Left Tackle (given Chad Clifton's health issues) a semi-blockbuster trade up (to the 11th spot possessed by Denver) into the early teens to acquire former OU Offensive Lineman Trent Williams - may happen

#24 -- OLB Sean Weatherspoon

#25 -- WR Golden Tate

#26 -- DE/OLB Everson Griffen Projected Need: With the offseason moves made by the Cardinals, they have accomplished everything but the replacement of impact ILB Karlos Dansby. This makes them a perfect candidate to either pursue a trade with the Broncos to ascertain ILB Rolando McClain, or position themselves in a manner (trade spots with the Bengals) which would allow for the selection of a Dansby-like LB in former Mizzou OLB Sean Weatherspoon. Such an occurrence could make Griffen the 32nd overall pick, given Dunlap's "character" concerns

#27 -- OT Rodger Saffold

#28 -- DT Dan Williams

#29 -- DT Jared Odrick

#30 -- RB Jahvid Best Projected Value per Team Needs: RB Jahvid Best may fall to this spot, and he would fit both a need, and would also be of good value

#31 -- OT/OG Mike Iupati

#32 -- DE Carlos Dunlap

Last edited by YungMoney on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:38 pm; edited 40 times in total

YungMoney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Final March Edition of 2010 NFL Mock Draft

Post by pizzaguy55 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:19 am

So depending on what happens with D'Qwell Jackson I wouldn't mind Rolando McClain at 7. I know our secondary was lackluster last year but I do believe a part of that was a lack of a pass rush. More than likely Haden is the pick I know but I figured I'd throw that out there. Dez Bryant wouldn't surprise me either.

pizzaguy55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YungMoney on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:10 pm

Thanks alot pizza.

Im definitely gonna make that a consideration.

Keep in mind, any and all recommendations are welcomed as were in this together to make this mock draft as accurate as possible.

Thanks again pizza, and I hope and pray your health is recovering

Take care man

YungMoney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzaguy55 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:16 pm

I think that we still have to wait for prodays before we dismiss Haden at 7. I agree the 40 time has definitely raised some questions. I have my doubts about Cleveland pulling the trigger on Bryant especially after we invested two second round pics in Robiski and MoMass. Again I could see them going after McClain depending on the health of our LB core. Spiller intrigues me. We've definitely scouted him thoroughly having picked his former backfield mate James Davis last year. Also with the obvious secondary holes if we chose to pass on Haden and Berry doesn't fall to us maybe a player like Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson make a lot of sense. Just my thoughts for today man. I know we need help on the right side of the O-line but I can't see us going there in the first round this year unless we manage to trade down again.

pizzaguy55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by YungMoney on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:10 pm

I can't thank you enough for chiming in with suggestions pizzaguy. I think you may be right in the end with the Rolando McClain connection given the situation with D'Qwell Jackson. Holmgren has been known to take the "safest" players (based on his draft history), especially after the Koren Robinson debacle (I posted some info regarding Dez Bryant's character above). I also agree with you that MoMass and Robiskie will probably sway Holmgren from taking a WR at #7 overall. I do find it strange however, that Holmgren didn't pursue WR Nate Burleson whom he signed for big money while he was coach of the Seahawks. I mean, its fairly obvious that the Browns need veteran WR help, so that does make me wonder. As for Spiller, I highly doubt he will be considered given that Jerome Harrison is a "lightning" type of RB who is supremely elusive & has legit 4.40 speed; he probably should've been drafted higher than he was. I do agree with you that the Secondary is a definite concern, and Holmgren more than any other coach has been known to pursue Defensive Backs like none other. I posted in the "extended" mock draft that Holmgren has chosen a DB in the top 10 and 2nd round of 2003, 2nd round of 2004, 1st round of 2006, and 2nd round of 2007 (which was actually their 1st pick). Thats 5 Defensive Backs out of 10 top picks in 5 years, more than any other franchise. However there was one key caveat which supported that, as in hindsight Holmgren had been dueling The "Greatest Show on Turf" during the early years of the NFC West. Given that, the AFC North is more-so a running/ ball control Division whose teams rely on Defense and Ball control. The Bengals (05-08) and Steelers (09) have both tried stepping out of that box - both to no avail. Im positive that Holmgren has recognized that, and will make sure:

a) That he solidifies the QB position

b) That the final seams of the Offensive Line are sewn shut

c) That his Defense can stop the run

....Concepts whose urgency (as it relates to the other) is arguable. That being said, I doubt Holmgren will draft a 1st round Safety outside of Eric Berry, as he may deem Earl Thomas too undersized. As for Kyle Wilson, I highly doubt he'd trade back to get a CB in a run-heavy division given that he has his best LB coming off a pectoral injury. That being said, I agree with you that ILB Rolando McClain is the frontrunner for the #7 overall pick at the moment. Thanks again for helping me put this together pizzaguy, and again I hope all is well with your health and wellness. Take care man

-Andre

YungMoney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pizzaguy55 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:29 pm

Just a thought. With the money Detroit has tied up in their offense weapons (Stafford, Megatron, Pettigrew, and now Burleson) and the recent D-line acquisitions of Corey Williams, and Vanden Bosch do you think maybe Detroit passes on on Suh/McCoy and goes O-line? The Lions O-line is seriously a weak unit. If they improved the O-line with a stud like Okung, Bulaga, Campbell, or Iupati they would not only protect their franchise QB and give him time to throw the ball but it would also allow open up holes for the run game. I know the theory of taking the best available player would be to go with a Suh or McCoy and they definitely have no one that compares to either but I think as abysmal as their defense was addressing the O-line should be their priority. Just figured I'd pass that along.

pizzaguy55

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skbballer34 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 pm

u really think the rams would take bradford at #1... i still say they will draft suh and give bulger 1 last chance

skbballer34

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top